KunTeko 2020 — Programme for improving working life in Finnish local government
The aim of the Kunteko programme is to promote long-term improvement of productivity, performance and working life quality in the Finnish local government sector. The programme extends across the country, taking into account the individual needs of each municipal organisation or unit and supporting their development in various ways.
Success in organizational development requires trust and co-operation. Kunteko accordingly supports co-operative development in local government organisations. It means that staff and management develop services, working practices and processes and the quality of working life together.
Goals for the programme
The goals for the programme are:
- To draw attention to improvements already made in the local government sector: sharing of development practices and stories www.kunteko.fi/tekojen-tori
- To disseminate best practices
- To improve and support development skills in the local government sector
- To intensify learning around themes emerging from the local government sector
- To produce breakthrough innovations for municipal workplaces
Many ways of supporting working life development in municipalities
Kunteko offers many kinds of support for the working life development in municipal organisations. The services are free or low cost. They are implemented by consultants and service providers as well as by the programme’s co-operation partners.
- 2-day training for staff responsible for development
- 1- to 2-day coaching/consultation for individual municipal organisations
- Learning networks with various themes
- Development networks with various themes
- Research collaboration with universities
Making Finnish local government the best in Europe
New way of working together
Kunteko programme is a new way of working together. It has been drafted and is being implemented by the principal negotiating organisations in the local government sector. Implementation of the programme is based on project agreement between the parties:
- KT Local Government Employers (administrator)
- The Negotiation Organisation for Public Sector Professionals, JUKO
- The Association for Educated Municipal Care Personnel, KoHo
- The Union of Local-Government Employees
Programme’s budget is 1.35 million euros, 26.5% of which is financed by the principal negotiating organisations.
For further information please contact:
Programme Manager Anna-Mari Jaanu, +358 50 572 4620
Project Manager Anniina Tuomi, +358 40 562 6397
Project Assistant Taina Tervonen, +358 50 521 2448